SAIC has an opportunity for a Technical Writer, Washington, DC!
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the systems / processes / procedure and the documentation requirements
- Write technical and process documentation for various audiences, including but not limited to CDRL reports, Software Design Documents, Requirements, Deployment Plans, RCAs, Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Collaborate with team to write essential internal documentation that builds shared understanding
- Learn complex technical information and communicate it in a readable, concise, and accurate manner to both technical and non-technical persons.
- Coordinate shared content and deliverables with other writers
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience. 10 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Speaks and writes fluent, grammatically correct English
- Experience researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for senior system administrators, business analysts, and/or developers
- Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
- Self- starter and problem solver
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
- Strong time management and multitasking skills; attention to detail
- Experience working with multiple high priority tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable documenting and defining system details
- Senior level documentation and reporting skills
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.