SAIC has a career opening for an Intermediate Remedy Administrator in Cary, North Carolina.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC around July 1st, 2021.
This role will be responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining (IOM) the physical & virtual Microsoft based servers in support of the Army National Guard ITSM solution. The ARNG interest is in moving to a Cloud based BMC Remedy Helix platform.
- Design, Installation, upgrade, and patch operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures to minimize user disruption.
- Conduct routine software audits of Microsoft based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines (DISA STIGs).
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in a team environment.
ITSM Software Support: SAIC will provide end-to-end support for the Remedy ITSM software used by the ARNG. Support includes but is not limited to three distinct areas:
- On-going maintenance and support of software application, to include supporting standard capabilities and outcomes provided by the software (e.g., reporting).
- For States and Territories that elect to use ITSM in a Software-as-a-Service model, full planning, design, configuration, training, and implementation is supported using a robust set of documentation available from ARNG G-6.
- Provide Tier 2/3 support for incidents and requests related to this software.
- Customizing out-of-box application to meet ARNG specific needs.
- The Intermediate BMC Remedy / Kinetic ITSM Administrator is responsible for the implementation and sustained support of the IT Service Management system.
- They will provide creative solutions to resolve business problems via customer requirements based on system capability and process gaps (ITSM/ITIL).
- The Administrator will provide on-going technical assistance, handling incident tickets on a priority basis, software configuration / customization assistance including, but not limited to screen tailoring, workflow administration, report creation, data imports, LDAP integration, custom scripting and third party software integrations.
- Work with process owners to develop and implement the workflows. The preferred ITSM platform is Remedy and potentially moving to BMC Helix in a Cloud environment.
Administer all technical aspects of solution delivery including:
- Application UI Configuration, Workflow Configuration.
- Development of required specific reporting.
- Development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc).
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences.
- Driving process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with key sponsors and stakeholders.
- Identifying areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks.
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities.
- Providing training and mentoring to on the system usage to users.
- Routine system administration including: manage user accounts, manage support group changes (additions, changes, adding/removing members), and provide users with access/roles within the system.
- Add new, improve overall navigation of system that launch reports, lists of data, or dashboards.
- Fix defects when they arise.
- Monitor overall system performance using system performance and diagnostic tools and dashboards.
- Integrate IT Service Management System with other systems (for the potential discovery of assets, user access via LDAP, auto-creation of Incidents via Event Management Systems, etc.).
- Monitor and maintain integrations after implementation.
- Open Incident and Change Requests (e.g. submit bug/fix Incidents; submit instance clone/upgrade requests).
- Answer "how to" technical and application configuration questions of other members of the technical team and process owners.
- Facilitate roll out of new applications and modules.
- Assist in troubleshooting patch / release management issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and 13+ years of related experience; OR Associates degree and 11+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of related experience; OR Masters and 7+ years of related experience; OR PHD and 4+ years of related experience
- Experience administering BMC Remedy.
- Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE (required prior to start date).
- ITIL Foundation Certification (required within 60 days of hire).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Experience implementing and developing workflows in Kinetic Desired.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.