SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and adaptable individual to join as a Contracts Principal to support the Contracts team in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. Partial remote opportunities possible for local candidates only. An active/current TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
- Conducts the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of government contracts and subcontracts to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Incumbents in these roles analyze estimates of material, equipment and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Duties also include reviewing contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements, and conformance to master agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered expert in field within the organization.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to more junior team members to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies, which affect organization.
- Develops solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years’ or more of related experience; Master’s degree and eight (8) years’ or more experience; PhD or JD and two (2) years’ or more experience. Degree in Business Administration or related business discipline preferred.
- Cost proposal experience is required.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Required Security Clearance:
- Active/Current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.