SAIC has an immediate opening for a Desktop Support / Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Network technician. The position will support the HQ USCENTCOMC4I initiatives at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida.
The Desktop Support / CSfC Network Technician shall provide support for day-to-day operations for USCENTCOM located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate will provide 24/7 advanced technical support maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and restore computer and information systems to an operational status to include personal computers, thin/zero clients, laptops, and peripherals. This is a deployable and on-call position and may require travel to both CONUS and OCONUS; as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required. The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and USCENTCOM staff.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain CSfC infrastructure devices (routers, domain controllers, certificate servers, wireless access points, VPN devices, etc.) and EUD devices (computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners) and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- Under minimal supervision provide front line support to end users to include interacting with network services, software systems engineering and asset management to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Provides on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and applies domain specific knowledge to return equipment to operational status within agreed upon Service Level Agreement parameters.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups and customers in order to manage work flow in timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for removal and proper disposal of old equipment and data deemed Classified.
- Operational requirements dictate 24/7 manning; shift work will cover nights and weekends.
- Responsible for documenting, upgrading and replacing hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including administration rights, security and system groups.
- Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- Active DoD Top Secret / SCI status is required in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- DoD 8570 IAT-II certification is required and satisfied by holding CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301) certification or higher certification
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Passport; position may be required to travel throughout USCENTCOM AOR.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, potentially austere environment and non-standard hours when needed; mission focused.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Microsoft OS (Windows 7/10), Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite and associated productivity tools.
- Experience with HAIPE devices, secure mobile device management and communications to include Intrusion Detection Systems, Certificate Authority, firewalls and VPNs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed; mission focused.
- Self-motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedules.
- Extensive networking/client-server applications experience.
- Desired certifications CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP Windows 7, ITILv3.
- Remedy Help Desk, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, thorough understanding of TCP/IP based networking.
- Knowledge of DoD Information Assurance (IA) policies, directives and procedures to include STIG application and compliance.
- Must be competent to work as part of a team on all phases of customer support to include physical activities such as moving printers, workstations, scanner and other items.
- Experience with image/load set deployment in an enterprise environment (Norton Ghostcast, PXE, image cloning).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.