SAIC is seeking a Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidates will work with formal software and hardware testing, in advanced networking (IPv4,IPv6 and routing, communications and HW/SW upgrade policies and procedures in the tactical environment),
- Working with test tools utilized to simulate data input or data capture, experience integrating and troubleshooting software and hardware within a simulation environment.
- Analysis of HWIL test data and tactical communications experience. Knowledge of Air and Missile Systems experience is desired.
- Occasionally, team member will be asked to do general labor activities such as build/run cabling, do routine organization of lab facilities, and provide support to inventory efforts.
- Execute test plans, test cases, and test procedures from the defined test objectives that for the system under test.
- Performs tests of software and/or hardware computer systems to ensure proper operation and tracking of defects for tactical equipment and test tool environments.
- The position will require acting as test operator for simulated ground and flight tests at the IAMD Government-System Integration Laboratory (G-SIL) during flight test activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and zero (0) years related experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Familiarity with the test environment of computer based systems and system interfaces.
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) testing and writing test plans and procedures.
- Good advanced background in software and HWIL best practices and procedures required.
- Experience with formal software and hardware testing, experience in advanced networking (IPv4,IPv6 and routing, communications and HW/SW upgrade policies and procedures in the tactical environment), experience with test tools utilized to simulate data input or data capture, experience integrating and troubleshooting software and hardware within a simulation environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Wireshark, Windows 10, and Linux like systems a plus.
- Candidate must have a basic understanding of the following : Cisco routers/switches, internal and external routing protocols, layer 2 protocols, multicast, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, Wireshark, and network timing systems, troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling and assisting in HW/SW upgrades; and collaborating with network architects.
This position requires an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain full Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.