SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer Principal to join our team in support of work taking place for our customer in Guam.
- Provide audio visual and command, control, communications and computer IT (C4IT) technical guidance for assigned military construction (MILCON) projects starting with the planning process through to systems’ installation (7 year MILCON project cycle). Provide Program technical expertise in support of MILCON projects and programmatic planning.
- Assist in creating, updating, and maintaining Program technical documentation.
- Review product deliverables for technical accuracy and provide assessment to C4IT Program Manager.
- Validate/review technical Requests for Information (RFI) and route to C4IT Planner as required.
- Assist the Program Technical Manager in developing Program strategies, objectives, and priorities to assist in the development of Program requirements and the production of the Program Master Plan.
- Assist in developing project execution efficiencies for the Program Master Plan.
- Assist in consolidating reporting and data.
- Identify program deficiencies and provide recommended solutions and guidance.
- Assist in developing MILCON planning documents such as the Activity-Level DD Form 1391 MILCON Project Data and Basic Facility Requirement (BFR).
- Assist Program Technical Manager in developing United States Marine Corps (USMC) Pacific Division (PD) mid-year review briefs and artifacts.
- Update C4IT Typologies Package annually or as required.
- Participate in all DPRI and/or NAVFAC PAC led facility planning, design, and installation meetings/workshops and act as the DPRI C4/IT authorized representative.
- Participate in C4/IT execution agent design reviews, milestones events, etc. to provide DPRI program level validation and act as the DPRI C4/IT authorized representative.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and Nine (9) years of experience in the planning, design, installation and integration of complex electronics systems.
- Requires MILCON experience with communication (COMM) systems, AV and IT systems, networks, and electronic security systems (ESS)
- Requires in-depth engineering knowledge of C4I/IT systems
- Will be required to identify specific AV systems and requirements with Government stakeholders
- Select and design for specific equipment manufacturer and models based on requirements
- Beneficial technical and leadership experience with the following is beneficial
- Demonstrates experience and conveys knowledge – confident and competent team contributor and technical lead
- Excellent communicator – verbal and written
- Prior experience with military and DoD programs, and understanding of military protocol, interfacing, and communications
- INCOSE certification is a plus (e.g. ASEP, CSEP, ESEP)
- Seven (7) years of experience in the integration and installation of complex information transfer (IT) systems, automatic digital data systems, communication systems, configuration management and control systems, computer systems and related subsystems.
- Two (2) years of experience with DoD design or installation projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems management, mathematics, physical sciences, operations research, statistics, or engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Requires active DOD Secret level security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.