SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer / Architect to join our team providing Security Operations Services for a major state & local government customer located in Texas. This position reports to our Technical Director and is a member of the on-site team providing cybersecurity design, architecture, and tools management. Working with fellow team members, the Cybersecurity Engineer / Architect will be responsible for a wide variety of activities to secure, manage, and continually evolve the environment. Job responsibilities include:
- Act as a subject matter expert for cybersecurity engineering including the development and documentation of reference architectures and technical solution designs for infrastructure services inclusive of data center and Cloud (server, storage, and networking).
- Infrastructure management, tuning and administration of core tools including SIEM (Splunk,) digital forensics and incident response (Encase,) and VPN (Pulse Secure)
- Participate and support the Firewall Rule Change Board to ensure changes are managed in accordance with process, standards, and policy requirements
- Audit and validate compliance with approved firewall rules and security device configurations
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity activities
- Document, update and maintain policies, procedures and job aids associated with management of the environment
- Provide data flow design and analysis to support cybersecurity requirements and reference architecture
- Develop standards and baselines in accordance with best practice, compliance requirements and NIST guidance
- Develop reports, recurring deliverables and presentations for management and executive stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and nine (9) years related experience; OR, Master’s Degree and seven (7) years of experience in a related discipline (e.g. Information Security).
- Relevant cybersecurity certification (CISSP or CRISC preferred; alternatives include CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISA, CISM, GSLC, C-CISO, etc)
- Cyber security in data center and cloud environments
- Experience with one or more public cloud services including Azure or AWS
- Work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience with ITIL, ITIL certification
- One or more Cloud certifications (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience with enterprise architecture framework(s) – e.g. TOGAF, DODAF, etc…
- Experience with reporting and reporting tools
- Experience in a multi-vendor environment
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Splunk Administration
- Encase Endpoint Investigator and/or Encase Endpoint Security
- Pulse Secure VPN
- Cloud certifications such as AWS, Azure or Google
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.