Job ID: 216256
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: May 5, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SMAEC II - Under the supervision of more senior engineers, perform engineering assessments and analyses on the International Space Station, Commercial Vehicles (manned and unmanned) payloads and experiments that are flown on International (e.g. Progress or Soyuz) or commercial vehicles (SpaceX, CST-100):
1) Assure that software safety design and operations specifications and products meet International Space Station Program (ISSP), Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) software safety requirements.
2) Assess the ISS software development, test, verification, and change products and identify problems and noncompliances.
3) Ensure compliance with Computer Based Controls System Safety Requirements (SSP 50038B), ISS System Specifications (SSP 41000) and ISS Safety Requirements Document (50021) and applicable NASA standards (7150, 8719, 8739).
4) Prepare reports, present findings of assessments and evaluations, and provide recommendations to the NASA S&MA Software Team Manager.
5) Participate in Safety Panel Reviews
6) Participate in ISS on-orbit anomaly assessment process and evaluate safety compliance of proposed on-orbit software modifications.
7) Participate in, and represent software S&MA assurance, as appropriate and as required in working groups, panels and boards in order to perform the above described tasks.
8) Work with customers - NASA, Space Station contractors, and International Partners.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Education & Experience: BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree from an accredited University
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.