SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity System SME to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program out of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The Cybersecurity System SME will:
- Support the sustainment of the accredited cybersecurity posture of the WPC’s domain enclaves by actively tracking and maintaining each network’s cyber-vulnerability level and system compliance to applicable DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs).
- Oversee and have knowledge of the operation and maintenance for Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) systems and scan/report production processes. Provide technical inputs for Cyber Vulnerability Management (CVM) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) regarding remediation timelines or vulnerability mitigation to sufficient detail.
- Identify, design and configure use cases/rules addressing specific enterprise needs as well as evaluate existing SIEM standard content/use cases and adapt them to meet enterprise goals.
- Develop and test new correlation content and use cases using SIEM filters, rules, data monitors, active lists, and session lists.
- Develop and test new monitoring tools using SIEM active channels, dashboards, reports, and trends while monitoring and maintaining overall system health of the SIEM.
- Identify opportunities to add-value to the WPC’s managed security services.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of security countermeasures with the appropriate organizations.
- Develop and recommend security policies, standards, and configurations.
- Design and implement the system logic to detect security threats.
- Provide system architecture design and planning for new SIEM/Log Management deployments in both hosted and cloud environments.
- Integrate different log sources into SIEM services. Provide recommendations for improvements on the existing set up and write new correlation rules & fine tune existing rules in McAfee ESM.
- Provide security engineering to implement security controls and ensure they do not degrade performance and availability requirements needed to execute and sustain M&S/LVC exercises/events.
- Report security findings and issues associated with the SIEM/Log Management suite to the appropriate Cybersecurity POCs.
- Provide M&S/LVC cybersecurity to include the following:
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity POCs to address system security posture/log events.
- Conduct and attend technical exchange meetings.
- Review system architecture and RMF and their respective C&A documentation.
- Document problem areas and provide recommendations for a resolution.
- Document recommendations for process improvements.
- Review system alarms from the SIEM for accuracy and test system security features.
- Conduct facility visits to observe the processes related to each IA control (technical, personnel, operational, or management in nature).
- Utilize tools such as Retina and Nessus scanners, DISA System Readiness Review (SRR).
- Bachelor's and 9 years or more of experience; Masters and 7 yrs, PhD/JD and 4yrs or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years data administration experience
- Understanding of DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies
- Comprehensive knowledge of Physical Security principles, methods, and techniques
- Experience with ACAS, HBSS, or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners, McAfee SIEM suites, McAfee Endpoint Security required
- DOD 8570.1 IAT Level II Certification
- Operating system certification (i.e., Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
- Active Secret Clearance
- Microsoft Windows environment, UNIX, Linux, Hyperconvergence technology, VMWare, VDI zero client architecture
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.