SAIC is looking for a Fabrication Technician to support a government client.
Work Site: 7410 A Magi Road, Hanahan SC 29410
- Support our engineering team integration and production effort for military rolling platforms and sub-assemblies.
- Support testing of platform and sub-assemblies.
- Position will require preparation for bonding, trimming and drilling of various types of composites and metals.
- Follow all safety and environmental policies and programs; must be able to use personal safety devices as required by company policy; report any activities that could be detrimental to safety and/or the loss of productivity; report any injuries when they occur.
- Must be willing to cross-train into other areas as required to meet production schedules and/or manufacturing needs.
- Operate fabrication machinery as needed.
- Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
- May make sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report their findings.
- Review engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences
- Set up, operate fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form, and assemble metal components.
- Set up face blocks, jigs, and fixtures.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed in order to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate and mark work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Overhead crane operation.
- Assist in plant housekeeping. Including, but not limited to - sweeping, emptying trash barrels, proper storage of chemicals, etc.
- Quality inspection
- Material handling
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of one-year relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- U.S. citizen.
- Basic math capabilities.
- Ability to accurately measure within specified tolerances, including effective use of measuring equipment (calipers, protractor, tape measure, etc.)
- Requires a sense of urgency, attention to detail, flexibility within constraints of defined processes, ability to multi-task and the ability to work independently.
- Must be motivated with the ability to work to assigned deadlines and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to complete the physical demands of the job, including but not limited to lifting, pulling, pushing and/or carrying up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on a regular basis; climbing into confined spaces within tactical vehicles; manipulating and handling objects needed for installation: reaching, grasping, twisting, turning and manipulating equipment and tools within confined spaces, as well as walking, bending, stooping, sitting, standing or squatting for extended periods of time.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.