SAIC is seeking a Technical Help Desk 2 to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program at Naval Base San Diego in San Diego, CA.
Note: This role requires that the person be flexible to work rotating-shifts in 24x7x365 call center environment. Weekends and Holiday possible based on client needs. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK a 8 HR shift within the 1st/2nd/3rd shift options, and the shift option times vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates as the initial point of contact for customers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
- Assists end-users/customers in resolving their IT issues accurately and promptly.
- Takes detailed notes of the problem the user is experiencing, determines steps they can take to resolve the issue, and manages the flow of incoming support requests.
- Interacts with the end-user to resolve the user's technical issues.
- Remotely accessing the user's computer and making changes to their system and settings by navigating around application menus, or may be required to remote into customer's computer to fix an issue. In other cases, the service desk analyst walks the user through steps they can take to resolve the issue on their own. For relatively simple issues, the service desk agent can quickly devise a solution to the problem without the IT department taking further action.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
- Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus.
- May escalate complex problems to higher-level IT support specialists and experts if they are unable to resolve the issue on their own.
- Provide supervisors or specialists with notes regarding the problem, steps they have already taken to resolve the issue, and their diagnosis of the user's problem.
- Support users by performing system tests and updates after they complete their troubleshooting and necessary repairs.
- Support department-wide operations by supporting the creation, editing, and maintenance of IT documents.
Required Education and Experience
- High School/GED and two (2) years of work experience OR AA Degree in related discipline and one (1) year of work experience
- Ability to obtain of the following certification within 90 days of hire date: CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE or Security+ CE, ITIL v3/v4, HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA), MCP, or Dell certification.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance. Able to start once Interim Secret is granted.
- 1+ years of IT support experience
- Experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and protocols
- Experience troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
- Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
- Ability to work well with all teammates and multi-task in a fast-paced SLA driven environment.
- Able to solve technical issues via telephone, email, and chat.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent Interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
- Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability