SAIC is seeking a Technical Help Desk 3 to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program at Naval Base San Diego in San Diego, CA.
Note: This role requires that the person be flexible to work rotating-shifts in 24x7x365 call center environment. Weekends and Holiday possible based on client needs. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK a 8 HR shift within the 1st/2nd/3rd shift options, and the shift option times vary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting Level 1's and 2’s) with escalations and technical questions from first level technical support through phone, email and chat support, in order to resolve technical end user service and support requests. They communicates with customers at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets.
- Provide technical coaching and training as things change in the environment.
- Assist in the operation when ticket volume is high and the service desk is experiencing heavy customer demand.
- May be the first point of contact for all technical support service requests.
- Support for technical/IT issues involving desktop and laptop application software or network services from local personnel or from employees using remote network access. Support the L1s and receive elevated complex and/or high priority problems that L1s cannot resolve.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot end user desktop application issues and provides appropriate solution.
- Follow-up with end users to provide status updates as per service level guidelines (SLA's).
- Perform minor account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (e. g., creates or modifies user accounts and permissions, and performs password resets).
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management Work collaboratively with people across the organization Support for PCs, laptops, printers, cell phones, and tablets etc.
- Support end users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office, ERP, CRM, VPN, Citrix, and MDM (mobile device management) including install, modification and repair
Required Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements
- High School/GED and five (5) years of work experience and AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years of work experience
- Current Certification CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE or Security+ CE, ITIL v3/v4, or HDI Support Center Analyst, MCP, or Dell certification
- Active DOD Secret clearance.
- 18 months+ experience working in a IT Service Desk OR inbound IT Call Center environment
- Experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks, databases and network security concepts and tools is required
- Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues.
- Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Strong knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
- Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
- Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing with key stakeholders, leadership, partners, team members, other organizations, and customers.
- Strong desire and enthusiasm to serve customers Basic knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk metrics/SLA s, and mobile device support.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability