Job ID: 216377
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
Description and Responsibilities:
Senior Enterprise Architect responsible for identifying and evaluating emerging software and hardware technologies, ensuring that new technologies are aligned with the organizations business and target enterprise architecture, providing recommendations and policies for integrating new technologies into the enterprise, and championing the technologies adoption once approved. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate across multiple branches to align application strategies with business strategies and create roadmaps, architectural documents, process documents, and governance documents that define the strategy. As needed, the EA will review projects to adjust and align them with architectural governance policies. The EA will also research, analyze, and document various tools, technology, framework, and other architectural related topics, as needed.
• Leads advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within government agency and across internal organizations.
• Provides technical oversight for technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
• Architects complete solutions using appropriate government agency offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
• Refines and optimizes architectural models and reviews the architectural artifacts produced by junior architects. Responsible for creating architectural prototypes as required.
• Adheres to and promotes appropriate design processes, architectural artifact requirements, and architectural best practices.
• Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards, and design techniques.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
• Provides project oversight and acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on government agency processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements, and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to all levels of the client's organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices, and technical requirements.
• Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information, as well as to define enterprise level design standards, best practices, and processes.
• May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors and 14+ years of experience, Masters and 12+ years of experience in a relevant IT implementation environment
• Must have at least 5+ years in an Architect role
• Broad understanding of technology solutions and is able to present solution and portfolio-level strategy to clients at all levels
• Broad understanding of technology areas such as Application Development (multi-tier, Web, and / or Mobile), Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Application / Data Security, Application Platforms, Application Integration, Enterprise Content Management, Mobility Solutions, Agile Development, and Social Computing.
• Significant exposure to clients across a variety of industries and domains
• Experience with enterprise level application integration technologies (SOA, SOAP, REST, ICAM, SSO, ESB, XML, etc…), SharePoint, Exchange, LDAP, Certificate authority.
· Experience with content management and repository systems
· Experience with online, cloud and mobile platform and technology, biometric
· Experience with deploying enterprise COTS and Saas solution
· Experience in application retirements and migrations
· Experience in data mining, business intelligence
• Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
• Highly knowledgeable on applicable industry and government standards and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, ISO standards, FEAF, etc.
• In-depth experience in Component-Based development in Open Source, Java, and/or Microsoft-based technologies. Understands key architectural frameworks, architectural design approaches and development methodologies
• Implementation and experience in related project roles such as system analyst, developer, implementer, integrator, test analyst, team leader and/or software architect
• Knowledgeable on project management concepts including project scheduling, risk management, estimation, Work Breakdown Structures, requirements management / traceability, Change Management, etc.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.