SAIC is seeking an experienced Proposal Director for our Proposal Development Center. Reporting to the Vice President of Proposal Operations, the Director will lead an integrated team of proposal managers, writers, and coordinators in developing winning proposals to SAIC customers.
- Oversee the team’s initiation, development, and completion of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that meet SAIC and customer milestones and requirements.
- Serve as liaison to business development, capture, and operational leadership to understand and communicate priorities, needs, and risks.
- Guide internal customers on proposal best practices and process adaptations for different circumstances, timeframes, solicitation requirements, and contracting vehicles.
- Review proposal products and material developed by in-house teams through peer and color team reviews.
- Chair and participate in color team reviews, ensuring review effectiveness.
- Manage in-house proposal manager, writer, and coordinator leads and individual contributors through mentorship, establishing performance goals, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with functional leads to manage assignment of in-house staff to a dynamic pipeline of opportunities.
- Collaborate with other leadership in the Proposal Development Center to develop, standardize, and improve templates, processes, and best practices to increase proposal quality and process efficiency and effectiveness. Coach personnel on the implementation of process/toolkit items on proposal efforts.
- Develop and deliver training to ensure consistency across all personnel and ensure that all processes are consistently followed.
- Assist in identifying internal and consultant proposal resources.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the Federal Government proposal environment, including Defense and Intelligence Community procurements, with responsibilities for supervising proposal staff and managing/preparing proposals.
- Experience performing and/or managing different proposal functions, including management, writing, and coordination.
- Successful management of a team of at least 10 members.
- Excellent management skills to facilitate results across functional groups and organizations, including geographically dispersed organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact professionally across all levels of personnel, including executive leadership, former military personnel, technical subject matter experts, and supporting staff.
- Excellent time and resource management skills to work on multiple concurrent projects with tight deadlines and surge work schedule as required.
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability to work constructively in a team environment.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Experience submitting proposals greater than $100M in total value.
- Experience implementing and executing proposal development processes.
- Understanding of the acquisition lifecycle phases of Federal Government contracts and programs; familiarity with the Government task order and RFP development process, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements, and how proposals are evaluated.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Work location is in Northern Virginia.
- Have a can do attitude and a collaborative work style. Must be able to work well with teams in a dynamic, success-oriented environment
- Experience managing and mentoring supporting leaders who oversee individual contributors.
- Experience with FEDSIM acquisition, including orals development and coordination.
- Familiarity with proposal collaboration tools.
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.