SAIC is looking for a REMOTE Senior Java Developer to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support in specialized technology areas such as requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessment, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, and/or maintenance.
- Assist in design and development of database systems.
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability.
- Test database systems and perform bug fixes.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Maintain standard policies for database development activities.
- Create physical and logical database models as per the business requirements.
- Prepares documentations regarding database design, configuration and change management tasks.
- Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Comply with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- Mentor junior developers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related) and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. 4 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
- Ability to convert requirements into development tasks
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Ability to estimate, based on technical debt, level of effort, and complexity
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase or similar databases.
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with Apache and JBoss or other web servers such as Tomcat a plus
- Experience using build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Hudson, Jenkins and npm
- Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
- Strong knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures, functions, synonyms, and some third party tools such as Putty, Toad, SQL Developer, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance; an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.