SAIC is seeking an energetic and task-oriented Procurement Analyst Intern to support the Army National Guard.
Note: This role offers partial work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19, but the expectation is that the Intern will work at the SAIC office in the Arlington, VA with the hiring manager 2 to 3 days each week upon hire. The duration of the internship is the extended summer of 2021 (12 weeks), and potentially beyond.
- Support a variety of project tasks to include tracking procurement inputs and outputs, auditing workflows, and performing data entry.
- Proactively manage purchasing lanes to ensure product availability.
- Conduct variance analysis and recommend opportunities for process improvement.
- Work with the procurement team and task order management to determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for customer needs.
- Resolve advanced and non-routine purchase order discrepancies.
- Successfully navigate and work within all purchasing networks to execute the materials requirements planning functions.
- Interpret policy as required to apply procurement principles and technical or program requirements to ensure the acquisition and milestone documentation are reflected and are integrated into the resulting contracting and procurement actions.
- Recommend enhancements to the tools that were developed in-house to perform team and task order objectives.
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret procurement reports.
- Analyze procurement-related procedural and organizational problems and make cogent recommendations for their solution.
- Maintain necessary records and files.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a partial work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home capacity.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Completed High School degree. Must be actively pursuing a 4 year degree at an accredited university, majoring in a Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, or similar field.
- An ideal candidate will be a rising Junior or Senior and have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance.
- 2 years of work experience.
- Prior experience working independently to research, analyze, and resolve an issue.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work effectively unsupervised.
- A strong work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home “work ethic”.
- Possess great analytic skills; and work well on a team in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to exercise discretion and tact in dealing with sensitive situations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral and remote
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.