The Director will be the subject matter expert for commercial services pricing across the enterprise, consulting across functions to develop commercial offerings and associated prices; shape deals to include desired contractual clauses and CLIN structures to facilitate commercial fixed-price offers; develop pricing strategies for proposals that incorporate commercial offerings; and create new business models for enhanced competitiveness, differentiation and profitability. The Director will serve as a catalyst across multiple functions to help drive revenue and profitability associated with commercial services offerings.
- Oversee the planning, scheduling, and management of SAIC’s commercial offerings collaborating with leaders across the enterprise (e.g., solutions developers, line leadership, business development, contracts, corporate strategy and commercialization, and managed services organizations).
- Drive the transition to greater volumes of XaaS, outsourcing, managed services, and other transaction agreements, by developing new business models, optimizing prices of packaged offerings (FUP and XaaS), and bringing thought leadership related to commercial pricing.
- Provide leadership and change management of commercial pricing philosophy and approach to improve margins and solutions-oriented services.
- Create and drive commercial fixed-priced contract solutions that are attractive to government customers for their digital transformation, IT modernization, managed services, etc. requirements.
- Analyze market price trends to ensure SAIC’s solutions are priced competitively.
- Perform financial analysis to support commercial product management efforts.
- Serve as an effective coach/mentor as well as a role model to people at all levels across the organization, improving the commercial financial/pricing acumen of our leaders and sales teams and their ability to leverage pricing levers to maximize SAIC’s commercial solution effectiveness and competitive position.
- Be a change agent by building a coalition of support across the enterprise to drive the cultural transformation shift from a costs-first to an outcomes-first organization while operating within government compliance guidelines.
The successful candidate will have 15+ years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in commercial pricing strategy, modeling, estimating, and analytics. The successful candidate will have experience in both government and commercial services to include digital transformation, managed services, IT modernization, cybersecurity, cloud services, advanced analytics, etc. in a multi-billion dollar organization. The ideal candidate will be considered a pricing thought leader in the commercial services industry.
The final candidate will have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes.
- Track record of successfully developing and implementing enterprise-wide, value-based pricing strategies and models in a government services organization, with significant experience in commercial pricing strategies and tactics.
- Experience developing strategies for managed services proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to craft winning pricing strategies, plans, and processes for selling commercially to the Federal and State & Local governments.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how pricing and costs vary across business segments and products, with the proven ability to tailor pricing strategies to those different environments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally with technical staff, capture teams, business line leaders, contracts, finance, and others to develop and implement creative approaches to commercial pricing, and to coach others to do the same.
- Deep understanding of competitive pricing benchmarks in the government services industry and the ability to analyze market and business drivers affecting pricing options for specific commercial offerings as well as for integrated offerings that may include multiple commercial offerings.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and financial engineering capabilities; ability to analyze impacts of infrastructure and other investments on deal-specific and enterprise financials.
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal procurement procedures governed by FAR Part 12, 8.4, and/or 13.5, as well as non-FAR-governed procurement procedures like Commercial Solutions Openings and Other Transactions.
- Knowledge of and experience with Inter-Company transactions and/or transfer pricing in a CAS environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, delivery, and leadership skills.
- Must be authentically honest and ethical. SAIC is seeking an executive who is smart, passionate, energetic, collaborative, and results-focused.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. An MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
Target salary range: $195,001 - $205,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.