SAIC is seeking a Distributed Computing Systems Engineer to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
SAIC has an opening for a Distributed Computing Systems Engineer to provide analysis, engineering, and technical advisory services to an IC systems and technology research and development (R&D) customer.
- Provide technical review and assessment of Small Satellite (SmallSat) spacecraft concepts, architectures, systems, technologies, interfaces, and operations.
- Advise on issues of applicability and feasibility of relevant technologies to future SmallSat spacecraft, mission payloads, communication systems, ground systems, launch systems, and operations concepts.
- Analyze alternatives to optimize performance and improve understanding of system, technology, and architecture trades.
- Prepare deliverables including technical and programmatic assessments provided through oral briefings and/or written reports presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG and industry, as requested.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to acquisition planning, source selection, and related programmatic processes including development of acquisition support documents.
- Serve in primary leadership role to oversee and coordinate multiple vendor development, testing, and integration activities to deliver integrated solutions that meet USG requirements.
- Must have active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics (STEM) with minimum of 14 years of relevant experience or 12 years with Master’s degree.
- Technical understanding of systems engineering and integration of satellite systems, mission payloads, communication systems, ground systems, and launch systems.
- High quality critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills needed to lead and support team collaboration, group discussion, and oral presentations.
- Practical application experience in use of DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF).
- Practical experience, with advanced ability preferred, in
- Automated Target Recognition (ATR) and Artificial intelligence (AI) implementation
- Advanced spacecraft processors
- Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) stack
- Distributed computing and data fusion
- Distributed networks and protocols
- Satellite bus, payload, communications, ground, and launch systems design, development, integration, and deployment
- Practical experience in design and development of spacecraft payloads.
- Desire and ability to actively participate in USG customer enterprise research and learning environment with objectives to create, gather, and share knowledge to grow organizational competency and capability.
- Demonstrated understanding of the intelligence mission. • Basic knowledge of intelligence organizations, disciplines, systems, and processes.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.