SAIC is seeking a Sr. Cloud Architect for a remote opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health's Cyber Modernization program.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA) .
- Identifying Workloads for Cloud Migration, selecting the right cloud solution, cloud migration planning, execution of the approved Cloud Migration Plan, and managing the workload in the cloud.
- Other artifacts include application cloud referencing architecture and engineering design artifacts (i.e. referencing architecture diagram, process diagram, components list and diagram, orchestration process diagram, dependency and tooling list and diagram, etc).
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Recent (within the last five years) of experience managing and leading a large engineering and operations staff with skills applicable to a project environment similar in size, scope, and complexity as this current contract.
- Certified ITIL v3 (Minimally Intermediate or Expert)
- Must be able to pass background check
- Certified ITIL v4 - Specialist High-Velocity IT (or similar to include ITIL 4 Foundation and ITIL 4 Managing Professional).
- Experience managing a transition of systems/applications into a cloud environment.
- Professional-level cloud certification in at least one of the three cloud service providers: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing Agile and DevOps projects.
- Experience with implementing technical and process changes in a highly complex infrastructure environment similar to the GSA environment.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.