Job ID: 216223
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2021
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Deputy Program Manager located in Huntsville, AL.
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Law Enforcement Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are actively seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager (DPM) to collaborate with the Program Manager, the Government Program Manager, and Contractor/Government technical experts to support execution goals and objectives for a large contract in support of an DOJ customer. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the delivery of information technology (IT), audio visual (AV), and Cyber Security systems design, integration and operations and maintenance (O&M) services. This position is contingent on award of the contract.
The DPM will directly contribute to program efforts in several areas including: effective and efficient staffing, schedule estimation and tracking, subcontractor performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. The DPM shall utilize expert verbal and written communication skills to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
· Assist in the allocation resources (staff, facilities, and budgets) on the contract
· Review the Integrated Program Baseline (or resource loaded schedule)
· Document, review and track risk and risk mitigation activities
· Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews
· Ensure the timely recruitment and training of program staff
· Communicate issues and solutions to the PM in a timely and transparent manner
· Provide Contractor input to the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan reviews
· TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
· Bachelor’s Degree, technical discipline preferred, from an accredited college or university.
· 14 + years’ experience as a DPM, Technical Lead or Project Manager on a program with at least 50 FTEs.
· Demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting
· Project Management Professional (PMP)®
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.