Job ID: 216215
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
The Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Program Management Organization (PMO), the Air Traffic Systems (AJM-2) Directorate’s sub-organizations include the Agency Support Programs (AJM-234) to include System Approach for Safety Oversight (SASO). The SASO program seeks to develop and implement a comprehensive system safety approach to the oversight of all aviation entities. The goal is to improve safety beyond current levels by enhancing the Agency's data-supported risk-based approach. As a member the SASO Team, you will be asked to review current processes and procedures, identify process improvements and provide recommendations to the Program Manager. The Systems Engineer will leverage his/her experience to work with technical teams to translate requirements and standards into high-quality, repeatable, and standardized processes to sustain program execution.The selected person must interface with various FAA stakeholders to ensure acceptance of developed documentation.
The candidate must have a Bachelors, minimum of 10 years of experience and be familiar with the FAA's Acquisition Management System (AMS). The candidate should have:
· Experience collaborating with FAA ATO and AIT security groups as well as various stakeholders to identify, allocate, and communicate applicable information system security controls.
· Ability to coordinate with FAA programs such as System Approach for Safety Oversight (SASO), FAA Cloud Services (FCS), and Enterprise Information Management (EIM) to effectively identify and communicate security, interface, infrastructure, and platform requirements as well as identify and capture deployment and interface challenges.
· Experience conducting analysis of end-user requirements and needs, aligning future process development to support optimal functionality.
· Experience supporting FAA Communications, Information, and Network Programs (CINP) evaluations of network requirements and bandwidth assessments as well as network architecture development.
· Support the Systems Engineering efforts as required to define present and future phases of development activities and assist the Program Office in successfully navigating major investment decisions.
· Experience performing as part of the larger program team to support program planning.
· Experience developing end-state business process models to identify process improvements.
· Experience reviewing and providing recommendations to current processes and procedures related to database systems.
· Experience de-compositing programmatic requirements into system specification requirements.
· Experience providing change management, process improvement, and communication support.
· Experience providing organizational development expertise and capabilities in the areas of leadership, organizational effectiveness, training and assessments and/or strategic planning.
· Support quality assurance and quality control activities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.