SAIC is seeking a qualified Budget Analyst Principal to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Research and Development (RD) Chemical Biological Technologies Department (CB) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) contract supporting the DTRA CB Department, Vaccines and Therapeutics Division (CBM).
- Assist with developing and tracking budgets and spend plans for a wide-ranging portfolio across multiple fiscal years;
- Assist with tracking project expenditures, supporting the development of funding award documentation and development/maintenance of program review materials;
- Provide technical and logistical support to the client and be prepared to provide insight for internal taskers;
- Provide assistance with acquisition /contracting strategy for CB projects and programs;
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing stakeholder meetings and tracking project deliverables;
- Assist with contributing input for budget execution reviews, internal and OSD/PAIO, and monthly JSCBIS comments as well as mid-year and end-of-year comments.
- Assist with managing and developing the PPBE (planning, programming, budgeting, and execution) process as well as developing budget/program briefs.
- Assist and Coordinate with Government Science and Technology Managers (STM’s) the competitive award process and liaison with Government Financial Analysts and Contracting Officers to make awards in a timely manner while adhering to Federal Acquisition Regulations, DoD Acquisition Directives and DTRA specific Acquisition Directives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science plus ten (10) years of relevant experience or MS/MBA plus eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the DoD Chemical and Biological Defense Program (CBDP) and DoD acquisition policies;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent communication and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills for interface with customers and with team members;
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams within RD-CBM to achieve the goals of the Department, Division, and Team.
- Knowledge of contracting procedures;
- Strong Excel, database, pivot table, and PowerPoint abilities.
- PMP Certification from PMI;
- DoD Acquisition Training;
- Project management and/or acquisition experience in research and development.
- Minimum DoD Secret Clearance
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.