Job ID: 216192
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Engineer for an exciting and innovative complex space and ground effort. The successful candidate must possess demonstrated system engineering and integration skills to bring major space systems and associated ground elements from concept to an operational enterprise. This role provides technical expertise applied across the System development life cycle from concept design through mission utility assessment.
The Modeling and Simulation Engineer plans and executes modeling and simulation systems development projects, possesses and applies knowledge about simulation methods and tools for analysis of complex systems and designs and develops simulation systems and modeling of simulation objects leveraging industry standard tools and/or programming languages. Duties may include performing analysis applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems; performing analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues; reviewing plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assisting in the development of training for operational personnel.
The position is collocated with the customer and requires the ability to build customer relationships and provide technical advice and assistance.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Develop modeling and simulation tools and/or use industry tools to assist with analysis of complex, technical problems relating to a wide variety of spacecraft and systems
• Work side-by-side with existing subject matter experts in orbital mechanics, spacecraft design, sensors, optics, communications, and/or modeling and simulation
• Work with the customer to explore new missions, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), and architectures to solve some of the hardest intelligence problems facing the nation
• Develop algorithms to perform analysis and produce much-needed data products
• Maintain and improve large scale simulations to support multiple missions
• Integrate existing models from mission partners into simulations
• Model dynamic system behaviors
• Evaluate complex results and determine engineering recommendations based on analysis
• Quickly translate user needs into effective software solutions
• Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required
Education Requirements: Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience
• Current TS/SCI with CI Poly
Required experience and qualifications:
• Demonstrated performance working in a high visibility position that requires self-motivation; strong technical and leadership background
• Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, for interactions with military and government civilian personnel
• Experience modeling and simulating complex systems
• Experience using modeling languages and tools such as C, Python, IDL/ENVI, R, SQL, PostgreSQL, DIRSIG, Linux, TCL/Tk, MATLAB, VB, and/or STK,
• DoD and NRO Space experience
• Strong background and experience with Digital engineering, developing architectures using digital modeling and simulations of space and ground architectures
Familiarity with NGA and DoD data types and applications for processing and exploitation
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.