SAIC is seeking a Welder-Fitter to perform various production welding operations using GMAW-Pulse welding processes on high-hard armored steel.
Work Site: 7410 A Magi Road, Hanahan SC 29410
Note: This is PERM that offers the full suite of Benefits.
- Ensures welding processes, procedural instructions, evaluations, inspection processes, etc. are held to customer and code requirements of all fabrication performed.
- Weld structural assemblies using GMAW-Pulse process during fabrication and installation sequence of vehicle construction.
- Fabricate, weld, and assemble steel and aluminum tooling and fixtures with the use of common metal shop tools/equipment such as band saws, plasma and gas torch cutters, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Read, interpret, comprehend and comply with work instruction, process sheets, diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects.
- Set up, operate and maintain welding equipment.
- Understand and implement personal and company safety measures by wearing specialized goggles, helmets, and gloves.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, and clamps, as provided for effective positioning and holding of parts to be welded.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma/ GED and two to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience with fabrication within the steel industry
- Familiarity with the Ground Combat Vehicle Welding Code
- Must have the ability to prepare acceptable weld test coupons using GMAW-Pulse welding process, with high-hard armor steel plate, in the flat, horizontal, vertical, and overheard welding positions
- Familiarity with ISO 9001
- Must understand GD&T
- Ability to read blue prints, tape measures, calipers, micrometers, weld gauges
- Physical Demands include ability to maneuver up to 200 lbs. independently and safely lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Communication skills are essential to work with team members.
Required Travel: Ability to travel out of state up to 10% as required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.