SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Senior Subcontracts Analyst with a strong service and material purchasing background. The experienced candidate must be able to work in a high-paced, team environment and must be organized and detail-oriented. The candidate will also need experience in managing suppliers, developing supplier relationships, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate will support the Procurement Team from either the Oak Ridge or Cookeville, TN offices or the Indianapolis or Crane, IN offices; only candidates local to these locations will be offered possible remote/telework options with occasional trips to the office expected.
- Develops, negotiates, and administers subcontract agreements and/or material purchase orders and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of proposals and resultant subcontract agreements and/or material purchase orders of moderate dollar value, risk, creativity, and complexity. Mitigates risks and works within the parameters of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense FAR supplement.
- Complete ownership of procurement lifecycle including issuing RFP/Qs, price analysis, negotiating favorable terms and conditions, issuing purchasing orders, and following up with internal customers to ensure the goods receipts are completed.
- Have some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Work independently with good problem solving skills, while keeping the Customer Group (CG) and corporate procurement management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure materials and services are delivered on time.
- Member of the proposal process involving Request for Proposal/Solicitations/Quotes.
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/T&C/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract/purchase order awards with subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry.
- Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on moderate complexity supplier proposals.
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
- Responsible for post-award modifications to agreements including all change-related activities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and six (6) years or more of related experience; Master’s degree and four (4) years or more of related experience. Degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience issuing and managing Services Agreements & Materials Purchase orders.
- Must have an understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Solid negotiation, oral, and written communication, customer service skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in word processing, electronic spreadsheets, data systems, analysis techniques, and workstation tools.
- Experience with procurement systems such as CostPoint.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.