SAIC is looking for a Satellite Payload Assembly, Integration, & Test (AI&T) Factory Representative, to provide systems engineering and technical assistance within a Government Program Office for component, subsystem, and overall payload manufacturing, integration, and test. Work in the AI&T facility, co-located with the prime payload developer teams while closely coordinating with a remotely-located NRO Government team. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in an interactive team environment with Government customer leads, spacecraft developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Apply management and engineering knowledge to support manufacture, integration, and test of payload sensor components, and AI&T of the payload instrument for delivery to the satellite integrator.
- Track CCA, module, and component manufacturing, integration, and test. Provide daily updates to Government team on progress, problems, and potential impacts.
- Evaluate program, subsystem, and detailed schedules for changes and realism. Identify critical paths to component and subsystem schedules. Monitor progress against the schedules and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review End Item Data Packages, Manufacturing Work Instructions, and test procedures to identify issues, gaps, and inconsistencies. Track action items and discrepancies to closure prior to Product Certification Board.
- Review Quality Notes and test flags for cause and corrective actions. Advise the Government team on issues, delays, or questionable responses. Identify options and alternatives, and validate contractor resolution plans.
- Evaluate satellite developer readiness for component and payload instrument testing. Participate in Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), Consent To Ship Reviews (CTSRs), and advise the Government team on potential issues.
- Confirm requirements verification by evaluating component, subsystem, and payload performance and environmental test data, analysis, and inspection results.
- Assess payload technical performance within cost and schedule constraints. Identify risks to program plans and schedules, and support development of corrective action plans.
- Participate in Failure Review Boards (FRBs) to troubleshoot and resolve anomalies and test failures. Develop mitigation plans and identify impacts to payload performance.
- Evaluate changes to payload and unit level designs, as necessary, to determine if the design is both adequate to meet program requirements and cost effective.
- No Travel is anticipated.
- BS in engineering or technical discipline
- 6 or more years of experience in Assembly, Integration, and Test of satellites or satellite subsystems
- Experience working in a spacecraft system program office (SPO) or a satellite development facility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- MS in engineering or technical discipline
- 10 or more years of experience in Assembly, Integration, and Test of satellites or satellite subsystems
- Experience with multiple satellite programs and a variety of satellite sensor phenomenologies
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.