Job ID: 216079
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 21, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Assembly Technician
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced, energetic and motivated Hardware Integration Technician to join our Land Border Integration team. As a Hardware Integration Technician working for SAIC Federal you will have a fast moving, challenging, and highly rewarding position keeping the infrastructure running that helps Customs and Border Protection keep our borders safe.
Hardware Integration Technician duties and responsibilities:
• Perform customer support tasks at Land Ports of Entry, Airports, and Border Patrol locations
• Perform all on-site activities related to installation, repair, management and maintenance
• Track and document the progression of the work
• Perform troubleshooting through to resolution
• Suggest and implement solutions
• Operate vehicle and tools in a safe manner
• Adhere to SAIC's internal policies and regulations
• Adhere to all IT Security, physical security, and operations security policies
• Work in field environment in all-weather without on-site supervision
• Build relationships and trust with Customs and Border Protection officers and Border Patrol Agents at work locations
Requirements and qualifications:
Associate's and 5+ years' experience as a hardware technician or similar role.
Or Bachelor's degree and 2+ years' of experience. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Developer/Scripting experience a plus but not required.
Assemble high level devices using provided instructions
Complete quality assurance checks on assembled or repaired devices
Experience with basic IT Networking skills - TCP/IP Model
Experience with managing, troubleshooting and preserving technical equipment
Proficient at using hand and power tools including drill press and cutting tools.
Experience with imaging PCs and knowledge of the Windows Operating System.
Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Accustomed to using mobile tools and applications
• Understands basic electrical wiring principles (low voltage only)
• Technically proficient with signal cabling such as CAT 6 and coaxial to include testing and termination
• Ability to drive daily to job sites up to 100 miles away
• May travel to other locations on the U.S. border to assist with installations and ticket resolutions for up to two weeks
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.