SAIC is currently looking for an ISSO/Systems Administrator to support the work on the Aviation Systems and Software Integration Facility (AS2IF) located in Huntsville, Alabama (Redstone Arsenal).
- Operate as the system admin for the AS2IF and report to the project manager
- Work independently with general direction and as a team member
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational maintenance, support, and software upgrades
- Schedule backups, installations, and upgrades and maintain the system hardware and software in accordance with the customer’s IT and IA policies and procedures
- Works with the engineering team to ensure system and application data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solution
- The identification, documentation and mitigation of cybersecurity vulnerabilities using the Risk Management Process (RMF) and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Providing robust implementation of good security practices and technical insight on remediation of cybersecurity concerns via direct interaction with the software development team.
- The position requires daily interaction with the UAS/MCE leadership and Software Engineering teams to review security design requirements, evaluate proposed technical solutions for remediation of software vulnerabilities, and verify implementation of security updates for sustaining the current and future UAS/MCE systems.
Understanding of the following:
- EMASS (Enterprise Mission Assurance Security System)
- ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Scanner)
- STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides)
- HBSS (Host Based Security Solution)
- IAVMs ( Information Assurance Vulnerability Management)
- CVE’s (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures; per MITRE/SANS
- CWE’s (Common Weakness Enumeration), per MITRE/SANS
- US-CERT Secure Coding Standards
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years related experience
Clearance: Must be eligible for Secret Security Clearance; prefer Active clearance
- Experience and proficiency with at least 1 of the following operating systems: Windows 7, 10, Windows Server and Linux (Red Hat 6 or 7 preferred);
- CompTIA Security+ certification, CompTIA Network+certification
- Experience with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the accreditation process for DoD systems, based on NIST 800-53 and DoDI 8510.01
- User-level experience with EMASS as an ISSO/ISM/SO
- DoD 8570.01 Workforce Certification at the IAM Level II (CAP, CASP, CISM, CISSP, or GSLC certification) preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.