SAIC is hiring an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Crane, Indiana in support of our Fleet Team!
NOTE: This position offers partial remote / virtual / work from home due to COVID-19. The work will be performed around 50% at the SAIC Office / home and 50% at Crane.
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and evaluates results.
- Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; Masters and one (1) years or more experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- High level EE with ability to read schematics and troubleshoot – specifically circuit cards.
- Must be able to communicate well – will be working directly with customer and vendors.
- Responsible for writing engineering investigation reports, obsolence research and reporting (analyze root cause analysis and troubleshooting – no design input.
- Initiate Class II ECPs.
- Participate and eventually run Failure Review Boards.
- Minimal travel – less than 10%
- Must have a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Must be able to:
- Communicate well
- Work within a team to find solutions
- Document processes and provide expertise for customer feedback
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.