SAIC Is hiring a Software Engineer to join our team in Crane, Indiana !
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs.
- Analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- Prepares operating instructions.
- Designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; Masters and 1 years related experience.
- Experience in Software Engineering
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be able to:
- Communicate well
- Work within a team to find solutions
- Document processes and provide expertise for customer feedback
- Meet specified deadlines - position is very time sensitive with deliverable schedule
- Weapons system specialist able to support high level classified engineering efforts.
- IUADP software and firmware and test bench that supports software and firmware.
- Familiar with C Language and LabWindows, VHDL (bonus)
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-1553, Knowledge of RS-422/485, C based code (embedded/ARM), LabWindows, Test Experience, Visual Basic (preferred)
- Day-to-Day Support: Primary project overarching for IUADP and have a piece of the larger puzzle.
- Provide weekly reports to FST.
- Multi test
- Interface on 1553 and get requirements lined out to write code.
- Ability to help with documenting and executing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.