Job ID: 216036
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 21, 2021
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development for the Civil Space Operations in the National Security and Space Sector. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Civil Space VPs, PMs, other BD and Capture staff and broader Space Business Unit to execute the responsibilities outlined below.
Within this partnership, the candidate will be responsible for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities with NASA, NOAA, and related Civil Space Agencies to include civil space work emerging from Dept of Commerce and other agencies. The candidate will bring good understanding of traditional missions as well as emerging initiatives including Human Space Flight, Remote Sensing, Exploration and Science, Aeronautics, and Space Traffic Management. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business development and capture practices required to manage a book of business, including business development, capture and proposal execution that leverages a strong understanding of business execution and delivery functions including client management, pricing, Profit and Loss impacts, program management, and delivery/contracting responsibilities.
The successful candidate understands the missions of NASA and NOAA including their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs, budgets, and challenges. The candidate is responsible for business development, corporate positioning, customer call plans, and industry engagement with large and small businesses with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes capture management, solution architects, proposal development and management, pricing and competitive intelligence support, and subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities.
Primary responsibilities support Account Strategy development and Business Development across the full life cycle of business capture including market assessment, opportunity identification, capture, proposal planning and proposal development in qualifying, solutioning, and maturing SAIC’s approach to new business. Critical support to determining pursue/no-pursue decisions, solution development, pricing, and creative team building are essential skills.
This position is a senior level business development and management position and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity. Account Strategy and Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC’s Momentum areas to our client base. Momentum areas include Space Systems; Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions; Network Engineering; Information Technology Modernization and Solutions including Software Integration, Managed IT services, Hardware Integration, Cyber, Cloud & Data Sciences; and New Market Initiatives.
Secondary responsibilities will include support to Account Management responsibilities required to manage to a portfolio of business. The successful candidate will engage with delivery teams to ensure consistent execution, management of resources, and on-contract growth. This role requires a thorough understanding of our current portfolio and the ability to leverage existing work to expand offerings within existing customers and development of new accounts.
Market analysis, competitive analysis, strategic planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete capture that will lead to the award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC. This position requires the candidate to engage with existing programs to understand current execution and identify improvement opportunities. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, and performance based contracting are required.
Detailed understanding and relationships across NASA, NOAA, and Dept of Commerce Civil Space missions, organizations, and initiatives; Positive, collaborative relationships with Space Industry companies of all sizes; Understanding of all business development, capture, proposal, and program management competencies and practices.
• U.S. Citizen
• TS/SCI/Secret clearance not required, but a plus
Bachelor’s degree or years of experience in lieu of a degree and 20+ or more of related experience. Master’s degree a plus. Candidate must bring technical understanding consistent with mission and customer focus.
• The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
• Must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers
• A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or engineering contract awards with values over $100M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is required.
• Five years of related and recent federal business development experience is required.
• Past experience working with NASA and NOAA including existing, multi-level customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage. Work with other space organizations to include NRO, Space Force, Air Force and commercial/international space is a plus.
• The candidate must be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• The candidate must possess good proposal strategy, development and implementation skills with good writing and reviewing competencies.
• Candidate must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to conduct daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
• This position will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed customer set.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.