SAIC is looking to hire a Senior Systems Administrator supporting the National Center for Critical Information Processing and Storage (NCCIPS). The systems administrator, as part of a small team, will be responsible for maintaining all aspects of a small to mid-sized Windows Server/PC environment and provide customer support to end customers. Position is an ON-SITE Position with a requirement to be ON-SITE at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. Full-time Remote work is not authorized for this position.
As part of the Systems Administration team, the employee will perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance supporting Windows Server & Workstation operating systems, both physical and virtual. Performs complex software installations, upgrades and layered software packages. Schedules installations, upgrades and maintains documentation of them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Follows and promotes standard operating procedures and work instructions. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent will be involved in developing and implementing new standards, policies and procedures.
Potential Candidates Should:
- Be Self-driven, independent and able to maintain schedule and responsibilities with minimum supervision required.
- Be able to work under only general direction.
- Be able to independently determine and develop new or standard approaches to solutions.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining and applying solutions.
- Provide Systems Administration (SA) support for Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Develop and update a general knowledge base documentation for IT applications and systems.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems for both software and hardware, assisting with the resolution of trouble tickets for all IT Systems supporting the facility.
- Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, cleaning, and maintenance, as required.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all NASA information system IA policies and procedures.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing support for daily/weekly/monthly security tasks, including reviewing security audit logs, reviewing vulnerability reports, reporting on security findings, updating anti-virus software, and escalating potential security incident findings.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing support for weekly/monthly system updates and system reboots as required.
- Candidate will be responsible to provide support for automated backups of all systems as required.
- Candidate will be responsible to provide support for quarterly system maintenance as documented by the associated procedures.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing support to upgrading and testing various system applications supporting customers.
- Candidate will be expected to work as a team within the Information Technology Department to assist other team members as required.
- Candidate will be responsible for monitoring Systems and Network Infrastructure supporting the System using various monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and PRTG.
- Candidate will be responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of all Systems and Software applications managed by the IT Department.
- Candidate will be responsible to detect, investigate, and resolve network and system anomalies.
- Candidate will be expected to participate in the weekly security meetings as required.
- Candidate must provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Candidate must have a well-rounded knowledge base required to work in an environment that requires the employee to support (independently) various technologies and applications such as Active Directory, Windows Server Domain Services, VMWare Virtual Environment, System Monitoring, System Backups\Restore, End User Systems, and End User Applications.
- Candidate must contribute to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Candidate must maintain the highest level of customer support regarding interpersonal tact and technical functionality in providing solutions to all technical issues associated with day-to-day responsibilities with both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s and five (5) years or more of experience
- Additional experience may be used in substitution for degree requirements: IE: Associates and 7 years of experience, or 9 years of experience in a System Administration/System Engineering role.
Required Technical Skills:
- Candidate must have experience and understanding of the deployment and maintenance of Windows Server/Desktop Operating systems.
- Candidate must have detailed experience and understanding of development, deployment, and regular maintenance of a Windows Domain supporting an Active Directory environment to include supporting Group Policies throughout the system as required, DHCP as required, DNS as required, and other domain services throughout the system.
- Candidate must have some experience and understanding of development and maintenance of VMWare Virtual environments or similar Server Virtualization solutions.
- Candidate must have some experience and understanding of development, deployment, and general maintenance of Backup Exec Software Package or a similar level automated systems backup solution. [Experience should be related to working with the Backup Processes and Application Management, Not necessarily with just completing tape changes]
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent facilitation skills, and the ability to lead brainstorming sessions.
- Capabilities and understanding to follow existing processes/procedures and able to identify corrections or changes to those processes/procedures. Candidate should also be able to develop and fully document new processes/procedures for new system installations.
- Experience with providing multiple levels of support from establishment of a baseline configuration to a full deployment of new systems to include end-user desktop solutions to multi-application servers.
- Capabilities and understanding to follow processes and procedures, while also completing required paperwork and requirements as necessary to complete the job.
- Candidate must be a team player who can adjust between different types of assignments, which can vary from day to day, along with a workload that may fluctuate on a daily basis.
- The candidate must demonstrate a basic understanding of network infrastructure and topology capabilities.
Desired Skills\Nice to Have:
- Basic or higher experience and understanding of Microsoft SQL to include SQL Server installation; knowledge of database backups and restorations.
- Experience or knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Online (SPO), Microsoft Power Automate Workflows, Microsoft Power Apps forms, and Microsoft Power BI are all desirable skills.
- Experience with SolarWinds Orion Platform and Modules, such as, NPM, NCM, and VoIP Management modules.
- Experience Paessler PRTG network monitoring software.
- Experience with BigFix, Splunk, and Forescout CounterACT is a plus.
- SSL/TLS certification creation, administration, installation is a plus.
- Experience working with NASA or other similar government agencies is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Government Information Assurance requirements to include USGCB Baselines, NIST Guidelines, CIS Benchmarks, STIGs or other NASA IA Regulations supporting NASA IT Systems.
Security Clearance and Background Investigations:
- US Citizenship is required.
- Candidate selected must have a current/active secret security clearance prior to employment.
- Interim clearances are acceptable, with the requirement that a full clearance must be granted within a reasonable amount of time.
- Position requires background verifications, which may consist of education, employment, credit, criminal and driving records. Favorable results are required for employment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.