Job ID: 215605
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC anticipates a requirement to fill a Systems Sustaining Engineer Lead in support of the Naval Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Pacific, Maritime Global Command and Control System (GCCS) Family of Systems (MGF) Project, and other C2 and/or C4I projects. This work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award in the Fall of 2021.
The Command and Intelligence Systems Division (Code 532) within NIWC Pacific provides systems engineering, software maintenance, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National C4I systems. These systems serve to consolidate Command, Control, Intelligence, Imagery, Planning, Coordination and Logistic capabilities to provide an integrated C4I capability to the warfighter.
Job Summary: The Lead Sustainment Engineering duties will encompass leading and performing technical tasks including engineering, logistics investigations and analyses to provide continued operation and maintenance of a fielded MGF systems and infrastructure. The Lead Sustainment Engineer will lead a team of engineers for support to fleet customers by providing timely data analysis, development, and implementation of engineering changes and tech advisories through approved enterprise processes relative to customer’s service request. The service has a critical success factor to robustly deliver baseline changes through subservices to include Maintenance Engineering, Lifecycle Engineering, Systems Integration, and Software Development and Maintenance.
• Provide System life cycle systems engineering support for our NAVWAR and NIWC customers.
• Analyze issues in an Enterprise LAN Shipboard Environment to determine the best course of action for resolution.
• Includes analysis and modification to replace commercial of the shelf (COTS) components that are end of life (EOL) modifications to support new interfaces to other systems, and modifications to existing systems driven by customer requirements.
• Provide root cause analysis and recommend permanent configuration changes when necessary.
• Highly experienced in developing, integrating, testing, debugging, and tuning complex SW solutions designed to satisfy customer requirements;
• Experience in developing and applying pattern based architecture, governance and security to system changes and deployments;
• Leadership experience in the development and deployment of source code across multiple classification levels and environments;
• Thought leader in establishing, maintaining, and applying code/configuration standards and best practices to ensure built in quality at the onset;
• Experience working on software development projects in a Lean/Agile delivery environments;
• Experience in creating or expressing low level work product activities and estimating durations with intent to aide creation of scope documents and schedules.
• Must possess strong communications skill set and be technically representative of Mar C2 CB-ISEA project matters in technical discussions with peers, sponsors and potentially customers.
• Work in cooperation with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
• Provide server and network break-fix and provide remote support for server, network, desktop, and peripheral equipment.
• Interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
• Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
• Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
• Create and update engineering documentation and manage solutions through formal configuration management process.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.