SAIC is looking for a Lead Sharepoint Developer to develop and support out-of-the-box and custom SharePoint solutions using custom scripts, web parts and features pertaining to agency objectives and goals, public programs, education, research, and other initiatives within the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Development, Modernization, and Enhancement Team providing engineering solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD.
- Provides support for SharePoint applications
- Interfaces directly with stakeholders to develop quality applications and presentations that meet the standards and needs of the application
- Offer technical guidance to other developers on the team and assists them with developing complex designs as needed
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Provides services to support management, ensures maximum effectiveness in the use of resources for the timely completion of projects
- Recommends changes to applications, content, and presentations as necessary to enhance effectiveness of applications
- Offer strategic guidance to client and develops technical design documentation and Level of Efforts (LOEs) and manage development efforts, determine priorities and timelines, and help meet the client’s objectives
- Conducts technical reviews of the team’s work to ensure timeliness and adherence to development standards and best practices
- Provides communication and reports to SharePoint team lead on team’s performance and potential roadblocks
This position is temporarily remote due to Covid-19.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or another applicable field
- Extensive experience of HTML, CSS, XSLT and Master Pages to manipulate look and feel of SharePoint sites and deliver a user-friendly experience to the client
- Extensive experience implementing solutions using SharePoint content types, lists, columns, web parts, features, page layouts, managed metadata keywords and other enterprise management features to provide collaboration solutions
- Hands-on experience integrating SharePoint with the O365 Suite, such as Teams and Planner integration, Power BI reporting, Power Automate Flows, and PowerApps
- Extensive experience using InfoPath and SharePoint designer to develop workflows and data view web parts
- Experience with all aspects of SharePoint, including roles, permissions and hierarchy, taxonomy, infrastructure design, metadata and search, SharePoint services, SharePoint Designer and InfoPath.
- Experience with out-of-the-box SharePoint capabilities, including hierarchy, permissions, site and list templates, web parts development, workflow and content management.
- Experience migrating SharePoint online content and data structures using ShareGate
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts as needed
- Work effectively with Leadership to develop efficient and effective SharePoint solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate front end issues
- Enforce site standards, including security policies, to ensure the governance policies and processes are maintained
- Strong documentation and analytical skills
- Strong interaction skills including verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.