SAIC has an opening for a System Administrator Manager. This position can be based in either Arlington, VA or El Segundo, CA.
The Manager of Cleared Systems Administration is a crucial part in SAIC’s mission to delivery leading solutions, capabilities, and resources to our customers in National Security, Defense, Federal/Civilian, and other organizations. As a leader within our Classified IT Operations teams, you will provide oversight, direction, and leadership necessary to ensure continuous administration, monitoring, and compliance of classified network(s), systems, and services in accordance with customer-defined frameworks (i.e. RMF/NIST800-53).
You will leverage your experience, communication and engagement skills to inspire and guide your team of highly skilled Administrators, as well as partners and teammates ranging from Engineers, Support Analysts, Security Assessors, and Program Management stakeholders to ensure a continuous “assessment-ready” compliance state of the networks, systems, and services in our portfolio.
As a subject matter expert in the Operational excellent and needs of the systems/networks/services you Administer, you will be expected to not only provide regular updates (written and in-person), but effectively partner with management and stakeholders to plan and execute on operational needs and opportunities, provide feedback for features and enhancements, and avoiding future technical debt.
Your ability to creatively leverage standard operational metrics (performance and availability monitoring, ITIL process effectiveness) in conjunction with the rigors of providing highly compliant, highly available systems and continuous monitoring will result in opportunities to engage with SME’s, partners, and stakeholders to overcome challenges, drive innovation, optimize service delivery and achieve extraordinary results.
Specific job duties include;
- Inspires excellence in their team and others; ensures engagement, growth and development of current and future staff members in all areas (technical and beyond) through applied use of coaching, mentorship, opportunities to lead scoped/defined projects, and technical training/other engagements.
- Responsible for continuous “assessment-ready” state of IT Infrastructure & Operations of assigned/designated work locations and networks including leading and promoting a Compliance & Administration Community of Practice.
- Leads in the collection, analysis, and directs corrective actions based on monitoring, incidents, performance/reliability, and compliance-based measurements of operating systems, software, network firewalls, switches, routers, VoIP Phones and other associated network hardware and software.
- Leads efforts in coordination and successful execution of activities through all corporate interfaces (Security, ITO Directorates) and lifecycles (e.g. new or updated software, maintenance, changes in policies or procedures, integration of existing hardware/software) affecting classified networks (or services deployed in classified spaces).
- Maintaining awareness of current and forthcoming Security, Regulatory, and Corporate policies/compliance requirements to effectively interpret, prioritize, and lead change management in support of those operationalizing those controls, and supporting repositories (e.g. emass, xacta)
- Diverse technical experience e.g. formerly System or Network Administrator, Engineering; encompassing everything from cabling and building infrastructure (MEP, power distribution) to Network hardware and services (802.1x, Routing/Switching, VLANS, etc), hardware/software, Linux, Windows Server/Workstation Operating systems, and virtualization technologies in Classified environments. Application in DOD networks/systems preferred.
- Experience implementing and maintaining standardization across systems governed under Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or NIST 80053 (e.g. eWAN, DoD, or other Fed/Civ/USG networks) in various on-prem and Cloud-based deployments.
- Enthusiasm for data; tracking, organizing and interpreting process and operational metrics and developing key risk & performance indicators, particularly to satisfy compliance assessments/performance (i.e. RMF Step 6) and improve execution & team performance.
- Exceptional communication skills including written and verbal inperson communication, ability to successfully develop and deliver ideas, data, and concepts to groups of teammates, stakeholders and/or leadership, and willingness to collaborate constructively (e.g. quarterly operations briefings, tactical solution development or strategic workshops).
- Experience building, leading and developing excellence in team/s of highly skilled technical professionals, distributed across the country with various efforts/priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage ITIL-based service management for Operations (Change/Problem Management, Request-driven workflows, Configuration Management) as well as complimentary management functions (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Software/Hardware Discovery). Demonstrated history of optimizing organizations/processes preferred.
- Active TS Clearance required.
- CASP, CISSP or other accredited 8570 compliant advanced Security certification.
- Bachelors and 14+ years or more experience or Masters and 12+ years related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), DevSecOps model (CI/CD), and/or Automation & Orchestration technologies a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.