SAIC is looking for a Senior Research and Technology Protection (RTP) Specialist to support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (OUSD) for Research and Engineering (R&E) as a subject matter expert in Science and Technology (S&T) protection policy and best practices. The RTP Specialist will build upon current strategy, policy, and guidance related to critical and emerging technology modernization areas such as artificial intelligence, quantum science, and hypersonics to safeguard Controlled Technical Information (CTI) and critical technology within DoD, commercial industry, and academia.
Job duties include:
- Serve as a senior-level consultant to a cross-functional team of instructional system designers who will develop an innovative and interactive OUSD(R&E) training curriculum for S&T protection, used by security professionals, system engineers, and program managers responsible for the protection of DoD-sponsored research and development efforts within the National Security Innovation Base (NSIB), including industry and academia.
- Help the DoD shape national security policy designed to maintain U.S. technical and competitive advantage over our adversaries and defend against unwanted foreign influence and unauthorized technology transfer within the DoD R&E enterprise.
- Coordinate with OUSD(A&S) and OUSD(I&S) including key stakeholders in the intelligence and counterintelligence communities, OSD staff offices, and Federal Agencies playing key roles in technology protection execution, planning, and response.
- Provide research, analyses, evaluations, studies, assessments, and other activities to support OUSD(R&E) decision making.
- Manage execution of intra-government/inter-agency coordination (e.g., process agreements, reporting, resource requirements, analysis support).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and fourteen (14) years of experience; Master's degree and twelve (12) years of experience
- Three (3) years of experience as a liaison between Program Office and Oversight organizations
- Ten (10) years of experience providing technical support and operations management to DoD acquisition and S&T programs
- Demonstrated work experience in technology protection oversight role and
- Knowledge of technology readiness levels, program lifecycle, and risk management
- Knowledge of DoD Program Protection, Defense Industrial Base Cyber Security, and Defense Acquisition policies
- Understanding of key programs, practices, and participants involved in DoD S&T protection
- Analytic ability – must demonstrate ability to conduct analysis linking intelligence, acquisition, and engineering/technical information. Analytic ability may be demonstrated with any combination of work products and education.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate information to senior government officials in support of policy and management decisions
- Demonstrated ability to support oversight of Military Departments and DoD Agencies
- Graduate degree
- Acquisition education certification(s)
- Security education certification(s)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.