Job ID: 215913
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
Job Description: SAIC is seeking a Flight Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services. The Flight Systems Engineer will play a key role in helping the government integrate satellites into its operational baseline. This professional will be involved throughout the development lifecycle by analyzing and developing concepts of operations, requirements, participating in design reviews, analyzing test results during verification and validation, coordinating with satellite operators to ensure validity of operational processes and procedures, through vehicle launch and initialization. As a SETA, he/she will often work multiple projects and related tasks with the expectation he/she will address broad, strategic issues (e.g. policies, concept of operations, stakeholder engagement, contract management) as well as tactical concerns (e.g., near-term schedules, testing, readiness reviews). He/she must be a self-starter who takes the initiative to address the government’s tasks, and proactively identifies risks, issues, and opportunities; assesses, develops, and communicates recommendations for solutions or courses of action.
The successful candidate will provide value-added judgement on a full spectrum of activities. The position requires a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph and will be located in Chantilly, VA.
- Oversee satellite integration readiness, working with other contractors and government personnel (often across multiple sites and organizational levels) and provide unbiased analysis with recommendations on courses of actions or approaches to exploit an opportunity.
- Assess integration activities in the context of cross-systems dependencies (technical, resource, and schedule) and present unbiased findings, analysis, and recommendations to the government managers.
- Participate in project or system reviews, milestones, and/or decision gates and represent the government’s interests with other stakeholders.
- Support government requests for systems engineering and integration studies; process analysis and design; project management process assessments, etc. with a focus on process and resource efficiencies. He/she will present their analysis and present recommendations for implementation.
- Support the development or assessment of system Concept of Operations, Requirements Documents, Test Plans, Contract Statements of Work, Systems Engineering Plans, as well as contribute to the “staff work” requirements for the government (e.g. action items, weekly reports, etc.) to include support to government acquisitions and source selections.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Required Education and Experience:
- STEM Bachelor’s degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Technical knowledge of GEOINT spacecraft systems (bus, payload) and subsystems (attitude and control systems, propulsion, life support systems, etc.), ground communications and mission data processing systems, space vehicle mission planning and command and control systems.
- Experience with requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, and architecture and CONOPS development
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.