SAIC is seeking a Ground Based Air Defense Field Service Representative (ENG TECH V) in support of NSWC Crane. This position will be located at Camp Pendleton, CA.
Note: This position is a CONUS position with up to 25% travel stateside. Most of the travel will consist of site visits to Crane/Bedford IN to train with the GBAD team/equipment.
- SAIC is supporting the USMC Future Weapon System (FWS)/Ground Based Air Defense (GBAD) program.
- SAIC will have one Field Service Representative (FSR) on-site in a Continental United States (CONUS) location to support the Marine Corps GBAD battalion at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California.
- This is the primary location for the position.
- SAIC is currently seeking a dynamic and highly qualified Engineering Technician V to provide on-site maintenance, technical, and engineering support to Marine Corps GBAD programs and Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (CUAS).
- FSRs will be responsible for providing on-site lead technical support to active duty Marine Corps Low Altitude Air Defense Battalions (LAAD) regarding system software updates, integration, test and evaluation, troubleshooting, operations, maintenance and repair of GBAD and CUAS equipment and systems.
- Each FSR will identify, source, and track replacements components at their respective location and conduct functional tests and return articles to service.
- FSRs will document maintenance and inspection actions while also reviewing technical documentation to identify planned maintenance action requirements.
- The FSR will also review and implement service advisory/service bulletins and provide analysis and recommendations for changes and improvements to equipment installation, operation, modification, maintenance, training, and failure mode analysis for equipment.
- Requires in-depth customer interaction with military units on the ground during site visits.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with initiative and drive to work independently with little-to-no on-site supervision.
- Candidate must have sound decision making skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate in a team environment to both senior leaders/executives and operators.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and seven (7) years’ experience; OR Associates and five (5) years’ experience.
- Knowledge of military wheeled vehicle maintenance processes, policies, culture, operation, and training.
- Knowledge of parts, materials and processes related to electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, handbooks, sketches, and block diagrams.
- Ability to use various hand, power driven and specialty tools (common, RJ-11, RJ-45, pin crimpers, wire strippers, pin extractors, punch down tools, etc.) and use electronic test equipment (multi-meters and spectrum analyzers).
- Must be able to perform quality repairs in a timely manner.
- Maintain serialized parts inventory.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be available for a flexible work schedule, available for extended or weekend hours sometimes on short notice to include holidays as needed.
- Position will require some CONUS travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Position requires a FULL DOD Secret Clearance, Interim Secret acceptable.
- Electronic systems installation and/or maintenance on military systems.
- Ability to perform all duties while scrupulously adhering to all prescribed safety protocols.
- Ability to install mounts, brackets, cables, connectors, electronic equipment, and labels.
- Ability to annotate and modify documentation.
- Experience in the following areas: troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, installation and checkout procedures.
- Be proficient in operation of the FWS/GBAD systems to include installation, testing, and troubleshooting of all current in-service communications suites utilized in FWS/GBAD operations.
- Ability to understand and comply with required QA/QC standards.
- Required to have a minimum of two years’ experience with Ground Based Air Defense Systems (Stinger, Avenger, Land-based Phalanx Weapons System, etc.).
- Required to have a minimum of two years’ experience with Joint Range Extension (JRE) systems and be able to quickly learn, retain, and provide training as required by the customer.
- Possess the capacity and technical prowess to learn the maintenance and operational requirements of the Marine Air Defense Integrated System (MADIS) FoS, to include Light-MADIS, Expeditionary-MADIS, MADIS Increment 0, MADIS Increment 0.1 and MADIS Increment 1.0.
- Required to become Subject Matter Experts in areas of operation and maintenance that covers all aspects of the MADIS FoS and Advanced Man-Portable Air Defense (AMANPADS) Systems.
- Possess general knowledge of CUAS gyro-stabilized, multi-sensor gimbals and manufacturing of integrated mounting systems, and the Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) associated to these systems.
- Required to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with Harris/L3 family of radio systems (AN/PRC-117G, AN/PRC-152a, AN/PRC-150).
- Required to have an advanced knowledge of the AMANPADS command and control application JRE windows 10 ECP.
- Must have an understanding of system troubleshooting and root cause identification, with the ability to reference technical and commercial manuals in order to identify and assist with issue resolution.
- Preferred to have a minimum of 2 years of experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Windows servers, Linux.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- FSR must be willing to support unit exercises for up to 60 days at a time to Continental United States (CONUS) locations, with additional travel up to 25% as required by the customer.
- Required to complete training that covers the aforementioned systems to achieve this status.
- Knowledge of quality systems (e.g., inspection process, company quality procedures).
- Knowledge of product maintenance processes, tools, troubleshooting techniques and standards.
- Must be able to pass DOT Medical Exam.
- Ability to meet all USMC and/or US Navy “Sea Duty” screening requirements.
- Ability to lift and carry 80 lbs unassisted for short distances.
- Ability to ascent/descend stairs, ladders and ramps while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in small, cramped spaces.
- Ability to perform required job duties outdoors in conditions that may include extreme high and low temperatures, rain, snow, and high winds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time traveling in a company vehicle to testing locations.
- Ability to stand and walk without rest for at least two hours.
- Ability to bend and/or twist legs, arms and body within normal range of motion.
- Ability to drive off-road.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.