SAIC anticipates a requirement to fill a Lab Infrastructure and Cloud Lead in support of the Naval Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Pacific, Maritime Global Command and Control System (GCCS) Family of Systems (MGF) Project, and other C2 and/or C4I projects. This work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award in the Fall of 2021.
The Command and Intelligence Systems Division (Code 532) within NIWC Pacific provides systems engineering, software maintenance, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National C4I systems. These systems serve to consolidate Command, Control, Intelligence, Imagery, Planning, Coordination and Logistic capabilities to provide an integrated C4I capability to the warfighter.
Job Summary: Lab Infrastructure and Cloud Lead provides engineering and technical support services to all MGF projects. The work will include coordination and lead of designing, securing, implementing, maintaining, updating, and decommissioning classified and unclassified Information Technology (IT) and facilities utilized by MGF Projects.
- Lead lab accreditation activities, including data reporting, data input and preparing Assessment and Authorization (A&A) package
- Performs routine lab management activities; maintaining personnel/equipment tracking approvals and lab access lists, barcode and inventory equipment, documentation and data collection in preparation for lab inspections, physical relocation of equipment, furniture and supplies
- Provides network expertise to maintain connectivity between MGF labs; operation and administration of heterogeneous networks consisting of PCs, workstations, servers, LANs, routers, switches, firewalls, security devices, and communications devices
- Manages IPs for all lab assets (test equipment/LANs, SWAN, RDTE network)
- Performs cabling, assembly, and checkout of hardware and software components related to the integration of Information Technology systems, communications, and displays
- Designs, implements and maintains master site configuration data for MGF Labs
- Coordinates and leads network administration support for the operation, maintenance, and upgrade of C2/C4I systems at NIWC Pacific
- Analyzes, identifies, recommends, and implements COTS, GOTS, and NDI products that will assist in the system administration function
- Coordinates and leads security system administration of MGF Project computing assets to maintain compliance with NIWC Pacific network security, and lab accreditation requirements
- Coordinates and leads security system engineering analysis and technical support; develop documentation for product certification and accreditation
- Coordinates and leads technical expertise on the state-of-the-art information assurance tools and assessments of the latest C2/C4I security threats
- Coordinates and leads administrative support for the overall business and engineering activities performed by MGF.
- Coordinates and leads maintaining and ensuring stable operation of classified and unclassified IT
- Assess need for IT reconfigurations (minor or significant) and perform them if required
- Ensures contingency planning and testing, disaster recovery planning and testing, capacity planning and testing, proactive maintenance, and problem analysis and remediation of IT
- Incorporates systems and applications, subsystems, and hardware components into conceptual, preliminary, and baseline designs and products for classified and unclassified IT
- Conducts End-of-Life (EOL) research and testing to ensure form, fit, and function replacements maintain baseline requirements. Provide alternative solutions when baseline requirements cannot be maintained
- Conducts drawing reviews to ensure all system requirements are met
- Prepares top-down breakdown and provisioning documents
- Coordinates and leads controlling all MGF plant property and classified material regardless of its form/medium
- Assists with traditional security within MGF facilities, to include Communications Security (COMSEC) handling and storage, Environmental Information Assurance (IA) Controls (e.g. power, temperature, etc.), Information Assurance (e.g. KVM setup, network connections, etc.), Information Security (INFOSEC) secure room standards, and marking/labeling and handling classified material and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- Assists MGF with Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities using Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support (eMASS).
- Assists MGF with vulnerability management using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM)
- Assists with NIWC classified and unclassified change control boards and proceedings as Subject Matter Experts (SME) of IT.
- Assists with implementation and sustainment of manuals and documents directly related to the engineering, support, and system administration of classified and unclassified IT. This effort includes preparing and implementing test, evaluation, and installation plans and procedures.
- Participates in meetings and working groups, internal and external to MGF
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be fully CSWF (Cyber Security Workforce) qualified at IAT Level II (i.e. GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA Security, or higher)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.