SAIC is seeking a Field Service Technician/Engineering Tech V located at Hurlburt Field, FL. When you join SAIC, you will be playing a part in fulfilling SAIC’s mission of keeping America’s war fighters safe.
In this vital position located at Hurlburt Field, you will perform maintenance on the AC-130 gunship as well as act as a liaison to the Small Arms Branch at NSWC Crane, for any technical issues related to the 30mm and 105mm weapons systems. This position will require up to 50% CONUS and OCONUS travel.
- Provides technical support for the 30mm and 105mm weapons systems in the areas of field service, troubleshooting, maintenance, and training support to the Air Force squadron at Hurlburt Field.
- Provides on-site technical support for weapons and associated equipment used by the squadron.
- Acts as the liaison between the squadron and the Small Arms Branch at NSWC Crane, for any technical issues related to the 30mm and 105mm weapon systems.
- Candidate must be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS up to 50% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of works, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to groups.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance within 60 days of employment
- 6+ years of related experience in addition to the following:
- Minimum of three (3) years of preventive/corrective weapons maintenance experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of ammunition and weapons management environment experience for a total of 11 years of experience
- Possess the motivation and ability to research directives, regulations, and policies to determine solutions to problems, issues, and concerns
- Must have a commitment to customer service and be proactive in implementing policy as well as identifying and solving problems
- Proficient in Microsoft office products and have the ability learn company software
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Candidate must be flexible in working a rotating 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift (M-F), with the possibility of working various weekends when required
Candidate must be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS up to 50% of the time
- Dexterity in fingers of both hands
- Ability to pick up and carry 70 lbs. for a distance of fifty (50) feet
- Potential for exposure to temperature extremes in performance of duties
- BMI will be in compliance with AOR and customer requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.