SAIC is seeking a Chief Architect to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues, and providing technical leadership within the IT department. Candidate will be expected to develop a deep understanding of business operations and processes associated with the information solutions; provide clarification, coaching, and direction to development teams concerning design aspects as needed; and interface with customer and program management to assess and provide feedback on the feasibility, cost, risks, schedule, etc. of a particular project.
- Serve as chief architect on the program creating and documenting high-level designs and estimates for various software projects by decomposing user specifications and using knowledge of the business
- Coach and mentor developers on aspects of design as needed
- Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation
- Assist with debugging and resolving complex application and data issues as needed
- Provide input on and/or create overall software architecture roadmap and plan for interrelated applications supported by the program
- Bachelors degree and fourteen (14) years or more IT software development experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more IT software development experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more IT software development experience.
- 10+ years relevant architecture experience for large scale information technology and database systems comprised of a multi-tier architecture and the integration of highly complex commercial software products and custom code in JAVA, JBoss, and SQL Server.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to interact effectively with employees and all levels of management in identifying and resolving complex issues.
- Experience managing systems/software development teams (consolidated and distributed) through the entire systems/software development lifecycle to include solution concept development, requirements development, system/software architecture definition, solution development, testing, deployment, and operations. This includes developing/maintaining project schedules, managing and mitigating project risks, enabling teams to be successful, crisp decision making to maintain delivery milestones, etc.
- Must possess an Oracle Certified Master, Java EE x Enterprise Architect certification (any version) or equivalent
- Must possess expertise with developing and architecting Java/J2EE applications
- Must possess expertise with traditional and Agile frameworks in a highly dynamic development environment
- Must possess expertise with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web service paradigms and protocols such as SOAP and REST
- Must possess expertise with remediating OWASP Top 10 Security Risks
- Must be an excellent team player in a diverse culture
- Must display the ability to work under pressure
- Must display the desire and ability to act as a mentor/coach/teacher and leader
- Expertise with a version-control system such as Subversion
- Expertise with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse
- Expertise with a configuration/build tool such as Maven
- Expertise with a continuous-integration server such as Jenkins
- Expertise with a unit-testing framework such as JUnit
- Expertise with third-party APIs and frameworks such as Spring
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust clearance
- Experience with Section 508 accessibility standards
- Experience with Single-Page Applications (SPA)
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.