- May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- May evaluate new technology.
- Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content.
- Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems, including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices at the logical level working with communication protocols.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by the government.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.