SAIC is seeking a Cloud Engineer/System Administrator to work on a dynamic, energized team on a leading edge technology program with an exciting mission critical to national security objectives. The successful candidate will provide cloud expertise and support on several different networks, including development networks. Strong customer service, prioritization, and communication skills are essential to enable collaboration with other teams. Virtualization and Cisco networking experience is preferred but not required.
- Install, configure and maintain Microsoft products such as: Active Directory (AD), Sharepoint, SQL*Server, Exchange/Outlook, and Skype.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Develop and use scripts used to provision cloud based infrastructure such as instances, storage, routing, subnetting
- Administer services such as DHCP, DNS, multi-factor authentication,
- Assist with projects involving server, network, and cloud infrastructure support as directed
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architectural improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- Daily work will be primarily ticket-based with a focus on internal facing support with opportunities to assist external customers and participate in longer-term project work as business needs change
- Supporting DevOps practices e.g., Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery. Experience in standing up CI/CD pipelines
- Create and maintain documentation and facilitate training of wider cloud services team
- Monitor Enterprise system, perform log management and event analysis via various tool sets, current and future.
- Work directly with stakeholders and Project Management team to coordinate planning, design, installation, and support\upgrades of new and existing technologies
- Interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Freedom to use ingenuity and creativity to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline or additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree with 9+ years of relevant experience.
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Must have hands on demonstrable experience with at least 3 of the 5 following Microsoft products: AD, Sharepoint, SQL*Server, Exchange/Outlook, and Skype.
- Must have hands on demonstrable experience with Amazon web services (or equivalent cloud service)
- Must have experience with Linux: experience w/: file exploring, file management, installing packages, using basic terminal applications e.g., git, familiarity with SSH, understanding of certificates, reverse proxy, read and write shell scripts, automating server setup with bash scripts
- Must work well independently and in a team environment and has a willingness to cross train skills with other team members to create a more diverse technically competent team.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Amazon Certifications are desired: Certified Solutions Architect (Assoc or Professional), DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Puppet, Terraform, Rundeck
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Docker
- TCP/IP networking familiarity, experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.