This is an opening for a shift lead Firewall Administrator to support the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. The program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This is a senior level position within the Vanguard contract, providing general Tier II monitoring, configuration, and support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide perimeter security protection to over 100,000 customers globally.
The position may temporarily allow a rotation of remote & onsite work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
Description of Duties:
- Serve as lead and primary escalation point for any Firewall related issues during shift
- Ensure daily shift report is completed at the end of shift
- Assists with developing shift schedules and ensures proper coverage
- Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participate in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
- Assist with onboarding and migration of cloud applications to CASB/MCAS. Provide Tier1/2 support for issues with cloud security solutions such as CASB/MCAS.
- Experience with cloud security solutions such as CASB/MCAS including complex deployment with multi-cloud, onboarding a variety of cloud applications, configuring CASB policies, and troubleshooting issues with cloud applications and CASB.
- Monitor health and ensure functionality of cloud security solutions
- Provides Tier 2 support in the monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of perimeter devices to include firewalls, proxies, switches, and mail transport agents
- Monitor Remedy application for Firewall Operations trouble tickets for incidents and service requests.
- Implements firewall routing rules and policies
- Escalates issues as required to SME staff and monitors issues through the trouble life cycle
- Performs recurring maintenance activities such as device reboots on perimeter devices
- Records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic
- Collaborate with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as they relate to perimeter security.
- Support Diplomatic Security Computer Incident Response Team by implementing IP address blocks as directed.
- Routinely updates architecture diagrams using Visio
- Monitor and perform health checks on multiple perimeter security devices.
- Draft, coordinate and publish outage notifications as required.
- Update shift logs and provide logs to leadership daily.
- Troubleshoot perimeter security devices in conjunction with Tier III and vendor-provided support.
- Maintain standard operating procedures and guides.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors in an IT related discipline and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience supporting the monitoring and configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies
- First-hand experience with supporting the monitoring and configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (StoneGate, Palo Alto, Cisco Email Security Appliances (ESA), A10 proxy devices).
Required Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Must be capable of managing multiple high priority initiatives simultaneously.
- Pearl and Linux (Redhat, CentOS) CLI experience.
- Experienced in utilizing network monitoring tools such as Nagios and NeuralStar
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server 2008 implementation and troubleshooting from a security/firewall perspective.
- Intermediate knowledge in configuring Cisco switches.
- Experienced with TCP/IP network implementation and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance to start work with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Basic knowledge configuring CISCO networking devices.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.