SAIC is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to support DOD program in Point Loma in San Diego, CA
- Provides engineering expertise to support, maintain, develop, and test existing and new communications systems for NIWC PAC.
- Provides network-engineering expertise for the development of Submarine Communications Systems.
- Support the analysis and engineering, system architecture, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, requirements and network engineering of the implemented networks.
- Provides a high level of network engineering and system administration expertise in the development, research of components, functionality and schedules to provide recommendations to the customer.
- Maintain lab systems, provide support for testing, and provide status of progress to the customer.
- Experience working in a VMWare and MS environment and possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to lean new technologies quickly.
Required Education and Experience
- HS/GED and 9 years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years or more of related experience OR Masters and three (3) years or more of related experience
- Active DOD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Cisco Certified
- Security+ CE, CISSP, or CASP required
- 5+ years of core routing and switching experience
- 4+ years in hands-on translating requirements into design for networks and HCI
- Relevant experience in Hyper-converged architectures
- Relevant experience in Cisco Networking and Firewalls/ASAs
- Relevant experience in network management and control
- Excellent Communications Skills are imperative
- Establish equipment configurations in support of operational requirements.
- Firewall configuration
- Experience with backup and restoring systems
- Ability to design and implement network architecture
- Strong computer and networking skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of current applicable military and commercial standards and specifications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Visio, Project, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.