Job Description: SAIC has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Product Quality systems engineering and technical advisory services in NoVA.
- Support product quality evaluation on multiple technical programs as well as advising on process and/or systems engineering improvements.
- Provide technical leadership which encompasses the evaluation and recommendation of courses of action on activities impacting data processing and dissemination, infrastructure systems engineering, full mission systems lifecycle (concept development, enterprise requirements definition, integration and test, operations and maintenance, and decommissioning).
- Provide technical leadership to enable successful testing by reviewing test plans, supporting test planning and status meetings, facilitating test readiness and/or checkpoint reviews; review and develop comments on System Discrepancy Reports resulting in successful completion of test as part of operational transition activities.
- Identify issues and process improvements to enable delivery of enhanced product quality capabilities to provide more accurate/more easily understood data to the varied community of customers.
- Propose key changes to technology insertions that improve utility of multi- intelligence data across multiple missions.
- Advise all levels of government management from local engineer through senior leadership at site.
- Assess the GPQ schedule to the government, including coordinating schedule updates across contractor support staff.
- Support GPQ planning to facilitate Division and Site-level strategic planning.
- Produce technical documents, reports and presentations for customers.
- Conduct analysis of alternatives or trade studies to support fact-based decision-making.
Qualifications - External
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- STEM degree required contractually
- GEOINT experience
- Extensive operational and systems engineering experience.
- Project management experience with delivered systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Articulate verbal and written communicator; confident in presenting and explaining recommendations & analyses to all levels of seniority and technical background.
- Ability to operate effectively with contractor, SETA, FFRDC, and Government teammates.
- Expert user in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required to start.
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Extensive recent familiarity with NRO missions and organizations preferred.
- CISSP and INCOSE Systems Engineering certifications are a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.