SAIC is seeking an Occupational Safety and Health Analyst to join our team in Aurora, CO. This position pays $115,000 to $125,000 based on total years experience and other factors such as certifications, education and specific industry experience
TS/SCI with Poly Required
Key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Serve as the government Point of Contact for regulatory reporting responsibilities (e.g., injuries and illnesses, etc.) and confer with key Federal and State Government officials to promote the Site's position in the interpretation and enforcement of regulatory requirements.
- Perform Occupational Health and Safety. Report on program metrics to track Occupational Health and Safety Program success, identifying corrective actions.
- Represent the organization in meetings involving policy and other matters pertinent to the Occupational Health and Safety Program and coordinates projects with mission partners, external liaison, and Federal and State regulators.
- Review program strategy for technical feasibility and adherence with regulatory requirements and prevailing professional practice.
- Review and approve reports to ensure technical accuracy and compliance with objectives, policies, guidelines, and laws affecting the enterprise.
- Chair the site Environmental Safety Committee meetings.
- Mastery of occupational safety and health principles,
practices, procedures, body of laws and regulations (e.g., 29 CFR 1910, 29
CFR 1926, and DODI 6055.1)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Industrial
Safety, Safety Engineering, Safety Management, or a closely related field with 10 years experience.
Additional years of related experience shall be considered in lieu of
- Certification in safety and/or risk management such as
Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist.
- Minimum of 9 years working in or managing a corporate
or enterprise safety program.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
Must be able to take the initiative and make the program successful.
- Skill in communication and public relations techniques
sufficient to represent and serve as spokesman for the enterprise at
meetings with professional groups.
- Ability to apply new developments and experienced
judgement to a variety of highly complex problems, including technical
processes and controls, economic considerations, and health conservation.
- Ability to advise senior officials within and outside
the enterprise concerning occupational safety and health and serve on
external working groups.
- Ability to work with occupational physicians and other
health professionals in developing policies and procedures for the
recognition and control of job related illnesses.
- Ability to serve as a nationally recognized consultant
and expert on state-of-the-art Occupational Health and Safety services and
provide training throughout the enterprise.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
(e.g., Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to work with Occupational
Health and Safety software tools.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly is required
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.