SAIC is seeking a Sr. Budget Analyst in Rosslyn, VA to support the Army National Guard and the broader military intelligence community on the Military Intelligence Services and Support (MISS) Program.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Rosslyn, VA.
- Perform complex budget preparation and financial analysis work for the Army National Guard, Intelligence and Security Directorate.
- Provide support to the Army National Guard (ARNG) budget process, including: planning, programming, budgeting, allocation and execution of funds.
- Assist Army National Guard program managers with POM planning, annual spend plan development and tracking, financial forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Review, evaluate and analyze obligations and expenditures.
- Monitor program funding execution through detailed analysis, reconciliation and reporting.
- Identify areas of budget performance risk and opportunities for funding realignment and resource reallocation.
- Analyze transactional data to identify potential accounting imbalances.
- Draft DoD financial forms and supporting documentation, such as: Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPR), Determination and Findings (D&F), interagency agreements, memorandums of agreements (MOA), memorandums for records (MFR), and information papers.
- Perform funds management and cost management using the General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
- Manage purchase requisitions in GFEBS.
- Build and run GFEBS Business Intelligence (BI) ad-hoc reports and canned reports to inform budget status and analysis briefings to senior government leaders.
- Create and manage Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) in GFEBS.
- Assist with end-of-period and end-of-year closings.
- Uploads, edits and reviews spend plan and financial information in RM Online for multiple programs’ budgets.
- Prepare financial reports and create, modify and update financial dashboards.
- Assist ARNG Program Managers with program requirements development as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; or similar area; and nine (9) years or more of related experience; OR Masters and five (5) years or more experience; OR PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Two (2) years of government budget planning and/or financial analysis experience
- Demonstrated experience using government accounting systems such as GFEBS, and RM Online
- Familiarity with DOD contracting processes and procedures
- Possess strong analytic and communication skills, work well on a team in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.