SAIC is seeking a GEOINT Systems Engineer to support the Landmark GSS contract. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA, and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
In this role, you will perform Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Basic GEOINT understanding
- Traditional Systems Engineering knowledge
- Familiarity with IV&V and system testing and SE readiness reviews
- Good verbal and writing communications
- Understand the objectives and mission of the customer to ensure that the requirements appropriately address customer needs
- Work closely with the Government customer and make recommendations related to management of the requirements
- Experience with review Requests For Change (RFC) and RFC development
- Conduct end to end integration and successful oversight of specific directed capabilities
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise and with external stakeholders
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline with 9 years of experience; professional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
- Proficiency applying SE&I (e.g., processes, mission needs engineering & analysis and I/F definition, project planning/IMS, IV&V, and transition, risk and readiness management)
- Knowledge of GEOINT remote sensing systems and overall space and ground architecture including mission control and/or mission processing functions
- Experience supporting agile acquisition strategy, development and release planning, as well as continuous integration initiatives supporting mission capability releases enabling End to End GEOINT missions
- Proven communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above) government officials.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and collaborate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- Familiarity with overall GEOINT ground customer, including technical familiarity with mission control and/or processing of one or more GEOINT systems (including sensor knowledge)
- Ability to work for prime contract’s IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.