SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity Architect SME to assist with implementation of a satellite development program for a government customer. Candidate will support efforts to grow a business unit from providing system engineering to management and delivery of complex satellite programs. This approach will require creating and building a new operations infrastructure based on industry best practices and innovative strategies.
- An end-to-end cybersecurity architecture that satisfies all space and ground systems cyber resiliency requirements (HW/SW/data and protocols) and provides efficient, innovative cybersecurity posture for a proliferated LEO satellite constellation:
- Provides for a secure, low-latency routing of data across the network
- Promote interoperability with other (OEM vendor provided) SVs across the pLEO constellation
- Transparently bridges defense customers (tactical links, etc.) using private IP addresses
- Supports Secret processing on the space vehicle and provide cyber protection to encryption keys (in transit and at rest)
- Incorporate capabilities for continuous cybersecurity monitoring and vulnerability testing to enhance space and ground systems cyber resiliency
- Provides for enhancements to cybersecurity vectors that protects the SDA systems and networks in view of recent cyber breaches and data exfiltration on Federal Agency systems and networks
- Implements federally mandated RMF based on established national cybersecurity standards (NIST, DoD) and complies with all CMMC resource certifications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the SAIC SDA engineering team to develop the RFP level end to end cybersecurity solution(s) per above description
- Build the processes and related documentation for cybersecurity compliance to relevant standards (e.g. NIST, DoD, etc.)
- Develop WBS and provide main and sublevel work details
- Review and update the system architecture as and when additional information from our suppliers/OEM vendor partners as well as SDA received
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
- Evaluate security architectures and designs to determine the adequacy of security design and architecture proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents
- Document and address organization's information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition life cycle.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in an Engineering field or Computer Science and minimum 18 years of related experience; Master's and 14 years; PhD and 12 years
- At least 2 years of leadership experience planning and managing security efforts
- One or more required: Network+, A+, Security+, CPTE, CEH, CISSP, CISA
- Hands-on transition with IPv4/v6 systems and interplay with large organization networks
- Expertise in environments with Cisco, VMware, Cloud, SD-WAN, BGP, and OSPF
- Experience with IPv6 address management, ICMPV6, DHCPV6, DNS 6, and v6 Security
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to architect IT risk management with a focus on security, performance, and reliability.
- Develop/integrate cybersecurity designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements.
- Experience with deploying DevSecOps Platform in multiple government cloud environments across isolated networks: Unclassified to Top Secret, or Special Access Programs
- Experience in the design, deployment and management of Zero trust architectures
- Experience and understanding of NIST Cybersecurity Standards and requirements
- Experience in developing and writing RMF Security documentation
Salary commensurate with experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.